Hiller Family Recipes for the Holidays
Enjoy reading the latest DIY articles and saving money?
Receive our latest helpful hints, tricks and savings, directly to your inbox.
Posted November 15, 2017
One of our favorite holiday memories is making this special cranberry sauce with our family. We want to share a piece of our tradition with you! Follow the recipe below for a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving this year.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 12oz fresh cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of orange peel
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in large saucepan over medium heat. Mix together.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon and orange peel.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook for 10 mins or until all or most of the cranberries have popped.
- Let cool for at least 30 mins. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can be made up to 3 days in advance.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!