Hiller Family Recipes for the Holidays
From our family to yours - here is a Hiller family secret recipe!
One of our favorite holiday memories is making this special cranberry sauce with our family. We want to share a piece of our tradition with you! Follow the recipe below for a tasty addition to your Thanksgiving this year.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 12oz fresh cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of orange peel
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in large saucepan over medium heat. Mix together.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon and orange peel.
- Bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook for 10 mins or until all or most of the cranberries have popped.
- Let cool for at least 30 mins. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can be made up to 3 days in advance.