Interior Lighting Tips
- Dimming controls are highly recommended for cutting electricity use and providing more flexible lighting options.
- Make use of lighter colors and reflections to create the atmosphere you desire. Consider adding mirrors and reflective surfaces for a shinier and brighter appearance.
- Be wary of colored light bulbs. You will want to use these sparingly. Reds and warmer colors are better for creating an inviting atmosphere in dining rooms and living rooms, while blues and cooler colors should be reserved for calmer areas like the bedroom.
- The lighting levels in your home will depend on the amount of natural light that room receives. Take advantage of natural light whenever you can, since it can have positive effects on your health and mood.
- Low light is better for producing a relaxing and calming effect. Use brighter lights for high-focus areas to encourage activity.
- Save money by replacing your incandescent lights with LEDs and CFLs.
- Speak with a professional to make sure you are using the right wattage for each fixture and that your lighting combinations make sense for your space.
Bulb Types for Fixtures